Wednesday 13 August 2014

Beginnings

While it was difficult to say goodbye to my school in the south end of the board, I'm VERY excited to be moving to a new school this month! Not only will I be working in my own community, I'll have a chance to reunite with staff and students I worked with as a temporary teacher about 5 years ago.

The school is new to Full-Day Kindergarten, so I'm looking forward to exploring the program with a new team of co-teachers and ECEs. Sharon Pomeroy is my new ECE partner and we are both excited to build an environment for our new charges.

We are lucky to have a new classroom being built onto the north end of the primary wing. I've been up a few times this summer to poke around and took some pictures to document the process.

Here it is in late June, just after the roof was put on.



Because it's a corner room we are fortunate to have windows on two sides of the room. Lots of natural light to nurture our "seedlings"!

Here are some more changes from a few weeks later, in July. The bricks are on and the landscaping has begun. The workers inside are hard at work installing the millwork, electrical, and plumbing.


And here we are just last week. The windows are in, landscaping looks great, and the inside fixtures are nearly complete. We're just waiting on the air exchanger to be installed (that mini-window on the right), and the finishing touches to be polished off. 


Can you see the builder Mr. Ian by the door to the new hallway extension?


Check back soon for some pictures of the interior. Sharon and I should have access by the end of next week, when our work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment