Thursday 6 March 2014

Mixing colours

This week we practised mixing and making new colours. We started with the primary colour and white paint.

Eric: I'm going to see what white makes with pink... It makes pink!

Maddy: Eric, how did you make pink?

Eric: I put a little bit of red and white.


Maya: I made light red with yellow and red. Actually, I made orange.
Brooklyn: I made brown!

Maya: with what?

Brooklynn: All the colours. You take yellow, then blue, then red and it makes brown. 

Maya: I took all those colours but in a different order and it made a reddish brown. 
Kenadi: I made purple on my piece of paper. I took blue, white, yellow and I took some more white. 

Miss. Carter: You and Maya both made purple, but they look different.

Kenadi: We just used different paint.

Maya: Mine is more of a normal purple. All you need is blue and red, but I used mored red. 

Miss. Carter: How did you make your purple Kenadi? 

Kenadi: I used blue, a little yellow and a little red. 

Maya: So, if you use a lot of red it will be normal purple. If you use a lot of blue, it will turn it into a different purple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment